Thursday, August 10, 2006

Spoooooky

So I was scanning the internet yesterday looking for mentions of myself (like I do every night) and I stumbled across this page.

Click on the link and play the game (you have to have flash installed on your computer, I think). Go ahead, I'll wait.

Done? Pretty freaky, huh?

It's not really magic. There's actually some pretty simple math and some slight of hand behind it. If you really want it ruined for you and can't figure it out, email me and I'll tell you how it's done (in the interest of full disclosure, I didn't figure it out myself, someone else explained it to me).

Lots of times in life we find something we think is cool or meaningful, but once you see behind the curtain, we realize maybe it's not as great as we thought it was.

What's awesome about reading through Proverbs and seeing all the wisdom layed out for you, is that you can actively test it and see that it works. It's not a math thing or a card trick - it's genuine cause and effect. "Do this and this will happen." "Value these things and your life will look like this." No magic required.

Try it.

We'll wait.

Category:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ON THE CHANCE THAT I AM A GENIOUS. . . .

DO NOT READ THIS COMMENT ANY FURTHER IF YU DON"T WANT THIS GAME SPOILED FOR YOU!!!!!!



I have figured it out!!! There is only a few numbers that you will come to every time and all those numbers have the same symbol every time you try it. Am I right???

Sorry If I ruined it for those who have not done it yet.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

You got it! You're a genius! You lose one genius point for spelling genius wrong, though.

Just kidding.

Yeah, by some trick of math, the little problem they have you solve is always going to work out to a multiple of 9 such as 18, 27, 36, etc.

The multiples of 9 all share the same symbol on the last screen. The symbols change every time you play but the multiples of 9 will still share the same symbol.

Way to go. By the previously unannounced rules of this game, you get Fred's job.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home